The terms “We” and “Us” refer to Administrators at CSS Challenges, Owner of CSS Challenges and anyone involved in the development of CSS Challenges.
Acceptance of the CSS Challenges Terms
- Your access to CSS Challenges is subject to these Terms. We reserve the right to update and change these Terms regularly without notice or acceptance by You, although if we decide to materially change all or part of the Terms, we will send You a notification. Such modified Terms will become effective upon the earlier of (i) Your continued use of CSS Challenges after We send a notification to You; or (ii) thirty (30) days from publication of such modified Terms on this page.
Account Information; Access.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, any CSS Challenges Account or access to CSS Challenges by anyone in Our reasonable discretion, at any time.
- CSS Challenges Accounts will be accessed through a username and password that You will create (Your “Credentials”). Your Credentials are solely for Your use and must not be shared. Each member needs to have his or her own Account and Credentials. You agree to immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of Your Account, Credentials, or any other breach of security. You agree that We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to provide Us with accurate information or to keep Your Credentials secure.
- CSS Challenges provides certain features which enable members to submit, post, and share data, text, graphics, messages or other material (“Content”). Content that members submit, post or share is subject to Terms. Content that You own and post on or through CSS Challenges belongs to You and You may use it in any way, except as prohibited by applicable law or regulations. By using CSS Challenges, You are granting Us permission to use the Content as described in these Terms.
- By using CSS Challenges You are granting Us a nonexclusive, worldwide, royaltyfree, fully paidup, sublicenseable, irrevocable and transferable right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, modify, display, and communicate Your Content. If You post Content on or through CSS Challenges, You represent and warrant that You have the right to post the Content and to grant the above rights to Us. This license continues even if You terminate Your CSS Challenges Account and/or stop using CSS Challenges.
- You understand that by posting Your Content that You are responsible for Your Content and any Content that You create, transmit or display while using CSS Challenges, and for any consequences thereof. You further agree that under no circumstances will We be liable for the errors or omissions associated with Your Content. You represent and agree to all of the following and acknowledge We are explicitly relying on such representations and agreement with regard to Your Content and use of Content made available on CSS Challenges:
- The Content represents Your own original work and/or You have all necessary rights to disclose the Content. In doing so, You are not violating the rights of any third party and You know of no other individual or entity whose rights will be infringed or violated by the Content being viewed and used as described in these Terms.
- You agree to use CSS Challenges only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms. Your disclosure of Your Content does not violate a confidential relationship with any third party or establish a confidential relationship Us.
- You understand that You are responsible for Your Content that You upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available through CSS Challenges. Except as permitted in these Terms.
- We cannot and need not control all Content posted by members on or through CSS Challenges, and We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You agree that under no circumstances will We be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of Your use of any Content. You understand that You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the Content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or of or relating to Content. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND HEREBY DO WAIVE, ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS OR REMEDIES YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE AGAINST US WITH RESPECT THERETO.
- We reserve the right, in Our reasonable discretion, to refuse certain Content to be uploaded to and/or hosted by CSS Challenges, or to edit or remove any Content at any time with or without notice.
- You are solely responsible for Your Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with Your Content, You affirm, represent, and warrant that: (i) You own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Us to use all patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to Your Content to enable inclusion and use of Your Content in the manner contemplated by these Terms, and to grant the rights and license set forth above, and (ii) Your Content, Our use of Your Content pursuant to these Terms, and exercise of the license rights set forth above, do not and will not:
- infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, Privacy Right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity, or other property rights of any other person;
- violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- require obtaining a license from or paying fees or royalties to any third party for the exercise of any rights granted in these Terms, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of any royalties to any copyright owners, including any royalties to any agency, collection society, or other entity that administers such rights on behalf of others.
- If You provide Us with any comments, bug reports, feedback, or modifications proposed or suggested by You (“Feedback”), We shall have the right to use such Feedback at Our discretion, including, but not limited to the incorporation of such suggested changes into CSS Challenges. You hereby grant to Us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use Your Feedback for any purpose.
Code of Conduct.
- We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove or block Content from CSS Challenges that We determine in Our reasonable discretion to be in violation of these Terms, to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, that violates any party’s intellectual property or that is detrimental to the quality or intended spirit of CSS Challenges. We also have the right, but not the obligation, to limit or revoke the use privileges of the Account of any member who posts such Content or engages in such behavior.
- You alone are responsible for Your interaction with other members via CSS Challenges. If You have a dispute with one or more members or if You disagree with the results of a Challenge, Your sole remedy is to cease using CSS Challenges. You irrevocably and forever release Us from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- We do not permit copyright infringing activities through CSS Challenges and We reserve the right to terminate access to CSS Challenges and remove all content submitted by any persons who are found to be repeat infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be grounds for termination of Your use of CSS Challenges and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies We may have at law or in equity.
- We will use common business sense regarding behavior or Content allowed on or through CSS Challenges. Examples of unacceptable Content or behavior include:
- Abuse, harassment, threats, flaming or intimidation of any person or organization.
- Uploading or sending pornographic, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, racially or ethnically insulting, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate Content.
- Uploading copyrighted material that is not Your own or that You do not have the legal right to distribute, display, and otherwise make available to others.
- Making unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or sending junk mail (aka spam)
- Impersonating another person or pretending to be affiliated with an organization with which You are not affiliated or misrepresenting the extent of Your affiliated or role with an affiliated organization or the source, identity or Content transmitted.
- Engaging in or contributing to any illegal activity or activity that violates others’ rights.
- Use of derogatory, discriminatory or excessively graphic language.
- Transmitting worms, viruses or harmful software.
- Disclosing the personal or proprietary information of another person or organization not otherwise permitted by applicable rules or law.
- Sharing Accounts or Credentials with any third party or encouraging any other members to do so.
- We, in Our reasonable discretion may terminate Your Account and/or Credentials and remove and discard any Content within CSS Challenges if We believe that You have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter and spirit of these Terms.
- You may terminate Your Account and Your right to use CSS Challenges at any time and for any reason or no reason, by contacting Us. However, if You have a separate agreement with Us which has conflicting terms regarding termination, those terms shall take precedence.
- After cancellation or termination of Your Account for any reason, You will no longer have access to Your Account and all information and Content in Your Account or that You have stored on CSS Challenges may be, but is not required to be deleted by Us. We will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of Your Account for any reason.
Third Party Websites and Services.
- CSS Challenges may include links to third party web sites or services (“Linked Sites”) solely as a convenience. We do not endorse any such Linked Sites or the information, material, products, or services contained on other Linked Sites or accessible through other Linked Sites. Furthermore, We make no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through Linked Sites. Access and use of Linked Sites, including the information, material, products, and services on Linked Sites or available through Linked Sites, is solely at Your own risk.
Disclaimers/ No Warranties. Limitation of Liability
- CSS CHALLENGES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF CSS CHALLENGES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON CSS CHALLENGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT CSS CHALLENGES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, WILL BE SECURE OR ERRORFREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT CSS CHALLENGES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM CSS CHALLENGES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You use CSS Challenges. Those terms that can continue to operate after You stop using CSS Challenges (including without limitation Your Content license to Us and the general terms in this Section), will survive after You stop using CSS Challenges.
- You agree that We may provide You with notices, including those regarding changes to these Terms.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- You may not assign Your Account or any rights and licenses granted hereunder and such any assignment by You will be null and void.
- All sections of these Terms that by their respective nature should survive the cancellation or termination of these Terms. You agree that breach of these provisions will cause irreparable harm and that accordingly We may seek injunctive relief in addition to any other legal remedies under these Terms at law or equity.
- You agree that except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to the Terms.